North Shore Views
375 Old Farm Road, Northfield, IL
Coming soon! The Come Home North Shore team is proud to announce the listing of this gorgeous twenty-two room home on one acre in Northfield.
We’ve seen a lot of high end new construction in our day, but this home is truly unique. It was custom built by the owner in 2010 to meticulous and exacting standards. Yes, it has everything you’d expect in a luxury home: state of the art appliances, custom cabinetry and high-end finishes. But it has so much more. Here are a few of the highlights:
- There’s a Zen-like quality to the house. Once inside you feel a sense of calm and serenity.
- The layout of the house is well thought out. The home is large but each space feels intimate.
- Beautiful perennial gardens that bloom throughout the spring, summer and fall.
- A guest suite with two bedrooms, bath and living room can also serve as a kids or teenager wing.
- The lower level has a second full kitchen as well as a home theatre, billiard room, gym, fun kids’ playroom (where they can even write on the walls), paneled office, half bath and storage.
- The dark oak floors have a high-friction matte finish for low slip and high endurance.
- The seven-zone HVAC means everyone is comfy. And the whole house generator (17.5KW) means you never have to worry about power outages.
- A three-season porch opens to a huge patio with outdoor kitchen and two grills, which makes for great summertime parties.
- This home is not likely to ever have flooding or seepage. Not only is it built on one of the highest lots in Northfield, but the owner also had the foundation dug out an extra three feet and filled with gravel for additional drainage.
- And perhaps the most unusual feature of all: the floors and walls are insulated with recycled blue jeans, which provide excellent soundproofing!
This home is being offered at $3,999,000. If you’d like to know more about it, you can get more information and see more photos at www.375OldFarm.info.
We are North Shore real estate specialists and one of the top teams in the area. If you would like to schedule a buyer or seller consultation with the Come Home North Shore team, please contact us at 847-881-6657 or send us a note here
Are you ready for a smaller, lower maintenance home, but don’t want to go all the way to a townhouse or condo? If so, this Northfield home could be a great choice for your next move.
Located at 1 Regent Wood (just off of Winnetka Avenue east of Waukegan), this home won’t make you feel claustrophobic if you are used to a larger house. Because it has all the rooms you need but none of the ones you don’t. Here’s what makes it a perfect fit for your new elegant but carefree lifestyle:
- A first floor master plus two additional bedrooms on the second floor. You still have room for your guests but day in and day out everything you need is on the main floor.
- Large formal rooms mean you can still entertain in style.
- Low maintenance: there’s no lawn to mow or snow to shovel. Like to travel? Have a second home? Just turn off the lights and lock the door behind you.
- Nothing to do - this home was tastefully remodeled from top to bottom just four years ago, so you can just move in and start enjoying it right away.
- Tired of big house taxes? This home has an affordable tax bill of $11,911.
Before you sell your current home and make the move, be sure and consult your tax accountant about the tax implications of downsizing to a smaller home. In all likelihood you will be able to qualify for a tax-free capital gain up to $500,000 (if you file a joint return), but you should examine your options.
You can get more information about this wonderful house here. If you have any questions about it or would like to see it in person, just call us at 847-881-6657 or email us. We’d be happy to show it to you.
We are North Shore real estate specialists and one of the top teams in the Wilmette, Winnetka and Glencoe area. If you would like to schedule a buyer or seller consultation with the Come Home North Shore team, please contact us at 847-881-6657 or send us a note here.