North Shore Views
If you’re thinking of moving to Chicago’s North Shore, you’ve come to the right place. Nothing compares to the distinctive beauty and charm of this area. The family-oriented small towns which make up the North Shore include Evanston, Wilmette, Winnetka, Kenilworth, Glencoe, Highland Park and Lake Forest. These towns offer many benefits and typify the idyllic lifestyle of the Midwest.
I live here, so I may be biased, but I don’t think there’s anyplace in the Chicago area that can touch the North Shore in terms of lifestyle, education and recreation. The North Shore has everything you could want, except maybe the lowest cost housing. But even that has its positive side. Housing on the North Shore tends to hold its value better than anywhere else in the area, because there is always a market for homes in established lake front communities.
I could go on and on but probably the easiest way to tell you about all the things the North Shore has to offer is with my top ten list.
Top 10 Reasons to Move to the North Shore
- Beautiful homes and true custom housing stock. You won’t find any cookie-cutter subdivisions here
- Established neighborhoods with mature trees and leafy streets
- Good investment: homes on the North Shore tend to hold their value better than other areas
- Excellent schools, all the way from pre-K through high school.
- Access to Lake Michigan shoreline and beaches, including swimming, boating and fishing
- Recreation: tons of parks, great youth sports programs, golf courses (both public and private), miles of forest preserve with walking and biking trails, water sports and cultural activities
- Easy access and a short commute to the city of Chicago via Metra trains and I-94
- Strong sense of community
- Charming and vibrant downtown areas with unique shops, cafes and restaurants
- Low crime
The easiest way for you to see for yourself what the North Shore has to offer is to come with us on a Tour of the Shore. We’ll visit the the neighborhoods, see the schools and compare the amenities each community has to offer.We’ll help you understand the relative price-value of the homes for sale, so that you can make an informed decision about the home you choose to buy.
The Come Home North Shore team is here to help you with your move to the North Shore. Contact us now.
You can see a comparison of our North Shore communities here.
- What’s the Best Place to Live on the North Shore?
- Yes, You Can! Move to the North Shore for Under $500K
- Buying a Home on the North Shore? Start With our Tour of the Shore
- North Shore Has Best Schools in Suburban Cook County
- 5 Reasons to Hire a North Shore Agent
- 10 Mortgage Pitfalls to Beware of
- How Do Interest Rates Affect How Much Home You Can Afford?