North Shore Views
Selling Your North Shore Home
Selling your North Shore home involves much more than just placing a “For Sale” sign in your yard and going to the closing. In fact, 90% of today’s buyers use the internet to search for homes, so a strong internet presence is a critical part of a successful marketing plan. As experienced marketers we know how to attract the right buyer for your home and we utilize all the tools available to do so.
As your Realtors®, we will help you prepare your home for sale, price your home correctly, market your home, and guide you through the entire sale process to ensure you sell your home as quickly and at the best price possible. Here are some of the steps we will take to sell your home:
- Review the selling process and what you should expect
- Perform a market analysis of comparable homes in your neighborhood
- Determine the optimal list price
- Provide resources to prepare your home for sale (painters, handymen, etc.)
- Market your property using all the tools at our disposal
- Provide ongoing updates and progress reports
- Present offers, work with you to develop a negotiating strategy and assist you in negotiations
Factors That Affect Your Home’s Sale
There are three main factors that determine how marketable your home is—price, presentation and time.
- Price –Price will have the biggest impact on the sale of your home. Your objective should be to make your property stand out as the best value of all the homes in its competitive set. This will guarantee you more activity in the critical first few weeks of a listing.
- Presentation- Once you have determined the right listing price, you want present your property in its best light so that it appeals to the broadest pool of buyers possible. Remember, you never get a second chance to make a great first impression, so make sure you have cleaned, de-cluttered and updated your house BEFORE you list it. You can download our guide to preparing your home to sell here.
- Time - If your time frame is important, then you should be willing to lower the price to get your house sold quickly.
How Much Should I Ask for My Home?
Of course you want to get the full market value for your North Shore home. The first step to getting the best price is to determine your home’s value. We can help you set the right asking price by taking the following factors into consideration:
- Your home’s value will depend on recent selling prices of comparable homes in your area. We also need to look at active listings to know what homes buyers will be comparing yours to. After analyzing prices for active and sold listings, as well as current market trends, we arrive at a target listing price.
- Buyers most likely look in the price range determined by their monthly payment ability and down payment. North Shore home buyers are often very knowledgeable about homes in their price range and purchase by comparison. Unreasonable asking prices are an immediate turn-off.
- Inviting a potential buyer to make an offer shows that you are willing to negotiate. However, if your asking price is outrageous, the buyer’s offer will most likely also be unreasonable.
- It’s necessary to offer pricing, terms and conditions that are competitive in your market. This will help you sell faster and get the full market value.
We have sold all kinds of properties all over Chicago’s North Shore. You can see our recent sales here.
- Selling Your North Shore Home? 10 Things Your Marketing Plan Should Include
- Do You Really Want to Sell Your House?
- Top ROI Home Improvements
- 5 Pitfalls of Overpricing Your House
- What Home Sellers Can Learn from Lenny Briscoe
- How Photos Can Prevent Your Home from Selling
- Staging Works. Here’s Proof
- Beyond Cleaning and De-cluttering: Staging Tips You Haven’t Heard
- How to Avoid Foreclosure